#WellnessWednesday: Root Chakra
Since one of the signs of an imbalanced root chakra is feeling disconnected from the body, exercise plays a key role in healing. Activities like camping, gardening, walking, or hiking that take us outside help us feel more grounded. Yoga or dance, practices that help build body and breath awareness, are also especially beneficial.
Asanas, or yoga poses, that focus on the feet and base of the spine are particularly advantageous when working with the root chakra. Here are few of my favorites:
- Mountain (tadasana);
- Standing forward fold (uttanasa);
- Yogi squat (malasana);
- Cobbler’s pose or butterfly, in Yin (baddha konasana);
- Warrior I (virabhadrasana I);
- Warrior II (virabhadrasana II);
- Head-to-knee or 1/2 butterfly, in yin (janu sirsasana);
- Easy pose (sukhasana);
- Tree (vrksasana);
- Child’s pose (balasana); and
- Corpse pose (savasana).
May you find joy and peace in movement!