#ThoughtfulThursday: Root Chakra
Healing the root chakra is not a simple task. Meditation, movement and nourishing ourselves are all important steps, but to truly bring our root chakra into balance, some difficult questions must be addressed. We must truly forgive others and ourselves for mistakes or perceived wrongs that we are holding onto. We must let go of being the victim of someone else’s actions and take responsibility for our lives. We must be honest with what we truly need in our lives versus what we want.
There are several questions you can ask yourself when your root chakra is unbalanced. Some questions will resonate more than others. Keep in mind that sometimes the ones that make us the least comfortable are the ones we should spend the most time on. Be as specific and honest as possible with your answers.
- What am I afraid of most?
- How can I improve my financial well-being?
- How have I honored my body today?
- How can I re-connect with nature?
- Are my needs being met? If not, what can I do to meet them?
- What do I blame myself for? What do I blame others for?
The following affirmations can be used as positive reinforcement to help in healing. If one of these statements seems difficult to express, examine that feeling and determine why that is so and how to correct it.
- I am here now.
- I am safe.
- I am secure.
- I am at peace.
- I am where I need to be.
- I trust more and fear less.
- I am loved and protected.
- I am strong.
- I am free and happy with myself.
- I forgive and release the past.
- I welcome good into my life.
- I take responsibility for my life.
- I love and honor who I am.
Sometimes these questions and affirmations will be easy, but often they will be challenging. At different points in our lives, our responses may be different. Be ready to re-examine yourself whenever you need to. Life is full of constant change and we can choose to meet that change with positive energy.