Since one of the signs of an imbalanced sacral chakra is stifled creativity, adding new creative exercises to your life can help stimulate healing. These exercises might include creative pursuits like painting, coloring, writing, singing, or cooking. Maybe think of an activity you loved to do at a child but quit doing because someone told you that you weren’t good enough; reclaim and revisit that joy.
The same may be said about physical activities. Was there something you loved as a child that you haven’t pursued as an adult? I used to love roller skating, biking and hula hooping, so I bought a weighted hoop and am re-learning something that used to come easily to me.
Other physical pursuits might include swimming, water walking, or taking a walk beside your favorite body of water since the svadhisthana’s element is water.
Asanas, or yoga poses, that focus on the hips and asymmetrical forward folds are particularly helpful when working with the sacral chakra. Here are few of my favorites:
- Cobbler’s pose or butterfly, in Yin (baddha konasana);
- Head-to-knee or 1/2 butterfly, in yin (janu sirsasana);
- Wide-angle seated forward fold or dragonfly, in yin (upavistha konasana);
- Yogi squat (malasana);
- Goddess squat (utkata konasana);
- Triangle (utthita trikonasana);
- Dancer (natarajasana);
- Lizard or dragon, in yin (utthan pristhasana);and
- Pigeon or swan, in yin (kapotasana).
May you find pleasure and creativity in movement!