#WellnessWednesday: Solar Plexus Chakra
Since one of the signs of an imbalanced solar plexus chakra is feeling stagnant, try decluttering an area of your home; release unused or unwanted possessions by donating or selling them. If you’ve been afraid to try something new, try signing up for that class you’ve always thought about or traveling to a place you’ve never been. Don’t be afraid to go for what you want. If they’re not part of it already, add running or belly dancing to your exercise routine.
Asanas, or yoga poses, that focus on strengthening the core, balance, and twists are particularly helpful when working with the solar plexus chakra. Here are few of my favorites:
- Half Lord of the Fishes Pose (Ardha Matsyendrasana);
- Revolved head to knee pose (Parivrtta Janu Sirsasana);
- Boat (Paripurna Navasana);
- Downward facing dog (Adho Mukha Svanasana);
- Chair (Utkatasana);
- Eagle (Garudasana);
- Crescent lunge (Alanasana);
- Warrior I (Virabhadrasana I); and
- Humble Warrior (Baddha Virabhadrasana).
Yoga on, peaceful warriors!