#ThoughtfulThursday: Solar Plexus Chakra
When working with the chakras, it’s important to keep in mind that the approaches we’ve used during the past few weeks will nit work equally for everyone. The key is to finding the combination of mediation, mindful eating, and physical movement that works best. And we’re barely scratching the surface of techniques to use for chakra balancing.
We continue our work with the solar plexus chakra by working with self reflection and affirmation. We have fewer questions than in past weeks, but I found them to be some of the most challenging questions to date. (Note to self: you may want to spend a little more time here.)
Questions relating to the solar plexus focus on finding our sense of power and autonomy. Analyzing our relationships with others is central to the questions here. We must consider the intake and outflow of energy generated in our interactions. When the third chakra is closed, we approach relationships from a subservient perspective; when too open, we are domineering and disrespectful of others when opposing our will. When balanced, we approach our relationships from a place of equality.
Some questions to consider:
- Who your life diminishes your power and energy? Who propels you forward?
- When was the last time you said no with conviction and compassion?
- Do you sacrifice your own happiness for others?
- What have been your biggest disappointments in your life? What parts were you responsible for? Can you forgive yourself and others involved?
The affirmations for the manipura help build our self-acceptance and remind us that power with empowerment is the key to healthy relationships.
- I do.
- I am my own person.
- I deserve all good things that come to me.
- I am open and receptive.
- I accept myself as I am.
- I do enough.
- I am enough.
- I express my power without imposing it on others.
- I am thankful for challenges that allow me to grow and develop.
- I live with integrity.
- I value and trust myself.
- I am in harmony with all I see.
- I am a powerful, radiant, and magnificent being of light.
May you meet the day with equal parts grace and grit, spiritual warriors.