Our journey to healing the fourth chakra continues with a look at foods that bring balance.
Traditionally, the food group associated with the heart chakra is vegetables, green vegetables especially. Other foods that can help bring balance are green fruits, brown rice, tofu, beans, and bean sprouts.
Creamy Asparagus Risotto
from Weight Watchers
- 1 lb. asparagus, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 T. unsalted butter
- 3 small shallots, minced
- 1 c. uncooked arborio rice
- 1 T. fresh lemon juice
- 4 c. chicken broth
- 1/3 c. grated Parmesan cheese
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Fill a large bowl with ice water. Add asparagus to pot; blanch for 2 minutes. Immediately remove asparagus from pot and place into ice water; set aside.
- Melt butter in medium pot. Add shallots; cook, stirring frequently, until translucent. Add rice and toss to coat; cook for 2 minutes. Add lemon juice; cook until all lemon juice has been absorbed, stirring constantly.
- Meanwhile, bring broth to a simmer and keep warm. Add 1/2 cup of hot broth to the rice and stir until absorbed. Repeat with remaining broth, making sure each addition of broth is absorbed before adding more.
- When rice turns creamy and is just done, remove pot from heat. Add cheese and stir well. Stir in asparagus. Add salt and pepper to taste.