Most of this week’s classes will focus on our fifth chakra, the throat, and hearing and speaking the Truth.
Saturday, I’ll host my last workshop of the Summer. Exploring the Niyama is at 10 a.m. at Morton Center. See more details below.
And I’m super excited that I will get to spend the weekend studying (except Saturday morning, of course) with one of my favorite teachers, Swami Maheshananda Saraswati! He’s the coolest swami I know and we’re lucky he makes a stop in Indy with the Yoga Mitra Mandal when he’s in the States. Many thanks to them for hosting.
Hope to see you this week! Here’s more about where I’ll be.
- 4 p.m. Art at the Museum (Art Museum of Greater Lafayette)
- 7:15 p.m. Yin Yoga (Community Yoga)
- 9:30 a.m. Classic Yoga (Community Yoga)
- 7:15 p.m. Restorative Yoga (Community Yoga)
- 5:45 p.m. Classic Yoga (Community Yoga)
- 7:15 p.m. Yoga for Better Balance (Yoga Balance/Morton Center)
- 10 a.m. Exploring the Niyama (Yoga Balance/ Morton Center) The sage Patanjali outlined an eight-limbed path of yoga, a step-by-step guide to cultivate a steady mind so that we may obtain a state of bliss. Most of us are familiar with asana (or physical postures), the third of the eight limbs. Using asana, mantras and meditation, this class will explore the second limb of yoga: the niyama, the moral code for how we care for ourselves. Investment: $20 Reserve your space through the Morton Center offices (765) 775-5120 or drop in.
Peace and love,