#ThoughtfulThursday: Third Eye Chakra
Last week, working with the throat chakra helped us find ways to creatively communicate truth. Today, we continue our journey through the spiritual chakras and look to questions that will help us trust our inner wisdom associated with a balanced third eye chakra.
When the ajna is out of balance, we are unable to trust our instincts and discern between truth and illusion. We feel cynical and lack imagination. We fail to see patterns within ourselves and in the outside world. We can get stuck in unhealthy patterns of behavior. When this chakra is too open, we are over-reactive and can’t see through all the sensory input around us; think of being “unable to see straight”. When this chakra is too closed, we become insensitive and don’t pick up on any of the sensory cues around us. A telling sign that this chakra needs work is over-analyzing or getting stuck in our heads. We get stuck in theories and ideas and never seem to be able to take action.
When in balance, the third eye chakra allows blend theory with living, thoughts with feelings. We trust our insights and wisdom. We also know that knowledge can only take us so far and we are able to accept the unknown and trust that the best will come. Inner peace and serenity come through acceptance, not from the universal world. We know that everything we need is within us.
Finding balance in this chakra requires us to find ways to trust our intuition. Some questions to think about:
- When was the last time I ignored my inner voice? Listened to it?
- Do I trust my intuition?
- Am I pursuing knowledge and wisdom?
- What inspires me?
- Can I see the deeper truths beyond black and white? Right and wrong?
- What patterns do I engage in that don’t serve me in the best possible way?
- What new pattern can I envision that would be more appropriate?
- Why am I not doing what I love and enjoy the most?
The following affirmations will help reinforce your trust in your inner wisdom.
- I see.
- I grow from my mistakes.
- The answers to all my questions lie within me.
- I see truth in all situations.
- I accept my path.
- I am connected to my highest truth.
- I trust that my life is unfolding exactly as it should.
- My mind is open to new vision.
- I am open to all possibilities that exist beyond my limited knowledge.
- I can see clearly.
- I am wise.
- I am focused.
Yours in truth and wisdom,