#ThoughtfulThursday: Crown Chakra
We’re wrapping up our look at the chakras with inquiry into the crown chakra, the seat of true beauty, spirituality, and our connection to the Divine.
When the sahasrara is out of balance, we fail to see that true happiness comes from within. We think it either comes from outside sources. We think any success we have is the result of situations that we totally control. We are narcissistic, egotistical, and ungrateful.
When in balance, we know there is more to us than our physical bodies and the labels with which we identify. We understand the true Self is connected to the spiritual realm. We also recognize that not everything is within our control. We trust and accept that our lives are moving along the paths intended for us. This acceptance opens us to enlightenment, peace, and joy.
Finding balance in this chakra requires us to exam who we are in the deepest sense and be open to our connection to others and the rest of the world. Ask yourself:
- Do I feel in control of my destiny?
- Am I able to release my problems? My troubling thoughts?
- How do I connect with the higher level of consciousness?
- Who am I really?
The following affirmations will help reinforce your trust in your inner wisdom.
- I understand.
- I release all limiting thoughts.
- I accept and hone the spirit within me and all living things.
- I am complete.
- I am truth, beauty, and love.
- I live in the awareness that we are all one people, one planet.
- There is no separation between my love and the love in the universe; we are one.
Yours in truth and wisdom,