World Pistachio Day
Happy World Pistachio Day!
Pistachios are one of my favorite nuts and one of my favorite desserts involves pistachios. This is a variation of the pistachio dream dessert that my Aunt Jan made. This version is what Bob Ross might call a happy accident. Instead of the traditional three layers, the first two were accidentally combined. The results were delish and this is the version that lived on at every Thanksgiving and Christmas my family held together while my grandmother was alive.
Aunt Jan’s Awesome Pistachio Dessert
For the crust:
- Cut together
- 1 1/2 c.flour
- 1/2 c. chilled butter, cubed
- 1/4 c. walnuts or pecans
- Press into 13 x 9 inch pan and bake at 350 degrees F for 12 to 15 minutes. Cool completely.
For the pistachio layer:
- Beat together until smooth
- 1 8-oz. package cream cheese
- 1/4 c. milk
- Add and beat together until slightly thickened (about 2 minutes)
- 2 3/4 c. milk
- 2 packages of pistachio instant pudding
- Spread immediately over cooled crust.
For top layer, spread 1 8-0z. container of prepared whipped topping. Refrigerate 1 hour before serving.
Serves: 1 if I’m present 😉