Today’s Country Cooking Month is a companion recipe to the earlier post this month for old-fashioned meatloaf.
Italian Wedding Soup
- 2 14-ounce cans low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 16-ounce package frozen Italian mixed vegetables
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 reserved cooked meatloaf, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1/3 cup chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Bring the broth and water to a boil in a large saucepan.
- Add the vegetables and seasoning and return to a boil. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are cooked through (about 5 minutes).
- Add the meatloaf chunks and parsley and cook until heated through (abut 2 minutes).
- Serve topped with Parmesan cheese.
Honestly, this was not on the same level as the meatloaf. The next time I make it, I’ll probably saute a clove of minced garlic before adding the broth and water and add some chopped, fresh parsley at the end.