National Horseradish Month: Lemon Horseradish New Potatoes
I’m not sure whether it’s because July has a lot of food celebrations or if it’s because I’ve been craving the creativity of trying new recipes, but we’ve got a lot of posts about recipes this month. Today we’ll be celebrating that zesty root: horseradish. I like for my food to have a little kick, so I will often use horseradish on sandwiches in lieu of using butter or mayo. So here’s a recipe to take the flavor of some of your summer side dishes up a notch or three.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 pounds new potatoes, unpeeled
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Melt butter in a 2 quart casserole dish in the oven. Stir in salt, pepper, horseradish and lemon juice. Place potatoes in dish and toss to coat with butter mixture.
- Cover and bake in preheated oven for 1 hour, or until potatoes are tender.