WORKSHOPS & SPECIAL CLASSES
Look for two new monthly classes at Community Yoga. Both are donation based, i.e. you can use a pass or pay what you can.
- 7:15 pm, 1st Sundays beginning February 2, Monthly Meditation: a 45-minute meditation that will include a little movement but focus primarily on pranayama and meditation (suggested donation: $5)
- 7:15 pm, 2nd Sundays beginning February 9, Monthly Yoga Nidra: an hour-long class that will incorporate a little movement but will focus primarily on deep relaxation and guided meditation (suggested donation: $10)
If you are wanting to explore even more aspects of yoga beyond asana (the poses), there are lots of workshops this winter and spring. All classes will involve a little discussion of the concepts, as well as a physical practice. Bringing along a notebook is encouraged.
- Exploring the Yama, 1:30 pm – 3:30 pm, Saturday, February 8, at Community Yoga: The sage Patanjali outlined an eight-limbed path of yoga, a step-by-step guide to cultivate a steady mind so that we may obtain a state of bliss. Most of us are familiar with asana (or physical postures), the third of the eight limbs. Using asana, mantras and meditation, this class will explore the first limb of yoga: the yama, the ethical guidelines for how we relate to people and society. Early bird pricing: $20.
- Exploring the Niyama, 1:30 pm – 3:30 pm, Sunday, March 8, at Community Yoga: The sage Patanjali outlined an eight-limbed path of yoga, a step-by-step guide to cultivate a steady mind so that we may obtain a state of bliss. Most of us are familiar with asana (or physical postures), the third of the eight limbs. Using asana, mantras and meditation, this class will explore the second limb of yoga: the niyama, the moral code for how we care for ourselves. Early bird pricing: $20.
- Chakra Balancing: The Seven Wheels, 5:45 pm – 7:45 pm, Tuesday, March 10, at Yoga Balance: The chakras are seven energy centers in the body that affect our physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual well-being. Workshops will explore different aspects of the chakras and will include asana, meditation, and dharma talks. Feel free to bring a journal for personal observations. When the chakras are blocked or inactive, imbalances occur. This class will help stimulate and balance the seven main chakras. $20.
- Chakra Balancing: Wisdom Work, 5:45 pm – 7:45 pm, Tuesday, March 17, at Yoga Balance: This workshop will explore the connection between the second, fourth, and sixth chakras and our inherent wisdom. $20.
- Chakra Balancing: Embracing Lovingkindness, 5:45 pm – 7:45 pm, Tuesday, March 24, at Yoga Balance: This workshop will focus on gentle heart openers to stimulate the lovingkindness that lives within us all. $20.
- Fundamentals of Yin and Restorative Yoga, 12:30 pm – 4:30 pm, Sunday, April 26, at Community Yoga: Both yin and restorative yoga are quiet, meditative practices, but each has a different aim. In this interactive workshop, learn the basics of each style of practice and some of the key poses of each. 4 CEUs available.
- 4 pm Gentle Yoga at the Yoga Balance (West Lafayette Government Complex)
5:30 pm Vinyasa Flow Yoga at the Yoga Balance (West Lafayette Government Complex)On hold until March 31, 2020
- 4 pm Yoga at the Museum at the Art Museum of Greater Lafayette – no classes the week of Christmas or New Years
- 7:15 pm Restorative Yoga at Community Yoga – no class on Christmas Day or New Years Day
First and Second Sundays
- 5:30 pm Community Yoga Class at Community Yoga
- 7:15 pm Monthly Meditation Class at Community Yoga (1st Sunday)
- 7:15 pm Monthly Yoga Nidra at Community Yoga (2nd Sunday)
Click here for more information on pricing at Community Yoga. Drop-ins are $15 per class or $10 for students/seniors. Lots of pricing package options are available.*
Click here for more information about class sessions and pricing at Yoga Balance. Classes are $15 for drop-ins and $12 per class if you purchase a whole session.*
Classes for the Art Museum are $10 per class ($9 for Museum members) or you can purchase 6 classes for $50 ($45 for Museum members).
*Workshops are priced differently than regularly scheduled weekly and monthly classes.